Monday, January 30, 2012

RUMOR HAS IT... THE DOMINO EFFECT


Rumor has it Conde Nast may reboot Domino... woo hoo! For those of you unfamiliar with the magazine, Domino focused on style for the home. But it wasn't just your average run-of-the-mill interior decorating magazine; it was simply unlike any glossy I'd seen before or since. Domino featured fresh to-die-for design inspirations, as well as DIY projects for the regular Jane. For me, it was love at first sight with Domino's premiere issue (Spring 2005), and I collected every one until its demise in 2009. I lugged them cross-country from New York to Los Angeles, only getting rid of them this past summer in an attempt to pare down for my move back East. There's not a day that goes by I don't regret my decision to sell them. But good news... when both the magazine and website folded, Coco+Kelly created a group on flickr called Domino Magazine Files where fans could share photos previously published in the magazine or from the site. That's not all - you can also access Domino's digital archives online at brides.com. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment