I came across this Lemon Sour Cream Pie at Ashlee Marie and had to try it. It's a pretty simple recipe, made simpler by the fact that I used store-bought pie crust.
Lemon Sour Cream Pie
cooked 9-inch pie crust
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp lemon rind grated
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 egg yolks slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) butter
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Place rolled pie dough in 9-inch pie pan. Crimp edges, then place in freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer, then place sheet of parchment paper on top of pie shell, add pie weights (or dry beans or dry rice) and bake in oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove parchment paper and pie weights, then bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and milk in a heavy saucepan, and whisk constantly as it cooks over medium heat until thick.
- Stir in the butter (frozen to help it cool) and cool to room temperature. Place a piece of saran wrap directly on top of the custard to prevent film from forming.
- When completely cool, add the sour cream and pour into cooled pie shell.
- Refrigerate and serve with whipped cream. Garnish with grated lemon rind.