Monday, February 20, 2012

JUST A BOWL OF CHERRIES

life is just a bowl of cherries // everything is going well; life is carefree. origin: during the 1920s, "the berries" mean great and money.
Today is National Cherry Pie Day! Which, in my opinion, is a tad strange since February is off-season for cherries. Not a cherry to be found anywhere! Okay, I did spot a pint of cherries at my local bodega but they weren't in the best shape. Last week, I baked a Double-Crusted Cherry Tart using Trader Joe's Dark Morello Cherries and I didn't get a single complaint. In fact, the tart was absolutely scrumptious. The cherries are harvested in Germany in the month of July, and are more tart than sweet; perfect for this Tart Cherry Pie recipe. Here are some other cherry related recipes at TasteSpotting. And a Sweet Cherry Pie recipe from Smitten Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment