Thursday, March 8, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES

I just finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know, I know... I'm on the slow boat because I'm sure all of you finished the entire series ages ago. For those of you not in the know, The Hunger Games is the first book in a trilogy about a post-apocalyptic world in which The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation divided into 12 Districts. Each year one boy and one girl from each district is chosen by lottery to participate in the The Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death in which only the winner survives. The story is told in first person by 16-year old Katniss Everdeen who volunteers to take her younger sister's place in The Hunger Games. The trilogy falls into the Young Adult category but it's a great read for any age. I absolutely loved the book and can't wait for the movie release on March 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment