Tuesday, July 12, 2011

KEEP YOUR FORK, THERE'S PIE!

I'd heard about Brooklyn's Four & Twenty Blackbirds pie shop back in Los Angeles, but despite my many visits to New York I never seemed to make it there. This morning I woke up determined to make the trek to Gowanus for a taste of one of their homespun offerings - specifically the Salty Caramel Apple pie. Only, with options like Sour Cherry and Blueberry Rhubarb Crumble... how's a pie lover to choose? It was the Salty Honey pie that finally won out. It simply sounded too delicious to resist. I wasn't disappointed. Paired with fresh whipped cream, every scrumptious bite of this custard pie was like balm to my soul. One of the best pies I've ever eaten.


439 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215 (718) 499-2917


Here's Four & Twenty's recipe for Salty Honey Pie courtesy of South Brooklyn Post.

Photos: Elise Brandenburg

No comments:

Post a Comment