TRIPLE-CHOCOATE CREAM PIE
Prep 30 Min // Cook 25 Min // Cool 4 Hours // Serves 12
7 whole chocolate graham crackers
1.5 Tbsp light stick butter
1 Tbsp beaten egg white
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
1 large egg
2 cups fat-free half-and-half
1 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup aerosol whipped topping
2 Tbsp pomegranate arils
- Preheat ove to 350º F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- To make crust, place crackers in food processor; process until finely ground. Add butter; pulse a few times to combine. Add egg white; pulse a few times until mixture is evenly moistened. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake for 12 minutes; transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- To make filling, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa poser, and salt; whisk in milk and egg.
- In a large saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium heat until small bubbles appear around edge of pan, about 8 minutes. Gradually whisk half of hot half-and-half into cocoa mixture until blended. Whisk hot cocoa mixture into remaining half-and-half in pan. Cook, stirring frequently with heat proof spatula, until mixture comes to boil, about 4 minutes; boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla extract until chocolate melts; pour into cooled crust. Place plastic wrap on surface of filling; refrigerate until filling is firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove pie from fridge; uncover, garnish with whipped topping, and sprinkle with pomegranate arils. Slice into 12 pieces.
PER SERVING (1 SLICE): 148 calories, 5 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 117 mg sodium, 24 g total carb, 14 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 3 gram protein.
SmartPoints value: 6