Blueberry & Cherry Tarts
Pâte Sucrée (makes 6 mini tart shells - 4 x 1 inch tart form)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (room temp)
1/3 cup sugar
1.5 tablespoons almond flour
1 egg, slightly beaten (room temp)
1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch baking powder
- Cream together the butter, sugar, salt, and almond flour in an electric mixer.
- Slowly add the egg, scraping down the bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- With minimum handling, shape the dough into a disk, then wrap in saran wrap. Chill; allow to rest for several hours.
- Roll out to fit six 4" x 1" tart pans, about 1/8" thickness. Trim excess dough from edges with a knife. Chill in freezer while you prepare the filling.
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh cherries or jarred Dark Morello Cherries in light syrup (Trader Joe's)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Throw all ingredients into a large bowl. If using Dark Morello Cherries in light syrup, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoon of syrup into mixture. Gently mix until all berries are coated with mixture.
- Divide into 4 mini tart shells.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Lightly sift powdered sugar over tart.