Thursday, August 18, 2011

CULTURE VULTURE

vulture no. 1

vulture no. 2

I have an assortment of blogs I like to read in the mornings before I start my day. One of my favorites is SF Girl By Bay and to my delight I saw that she'd written about Los Angeles-based photographer Sharon Montrose and her amazing animal prints. I picked up a couple of prints a few years back at an LA art show. I remember at the time how difficult it was to limit myself to just two prints, never mind which animals to choose from. In the end I took home two vulture prints. I've always found these scavengers morbidly fascinating, maybe because my family once discovered vultures nesting on our roof. I couldn't help but take it as a bad omen. Did you know that a group of vultures is called a wake, committee, or venue?

Culture Vulture (idiom) - someone who is very keen to see and experience art, theatre, literature, music etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment